C# J2534 Tool

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

C# J2534 Tool

Post by The1 »

Hi All,

Trying to make a simple utility to Read a specific Message or Write a Specific Message for CAN bus.

I have it loading the VCX Library atm for the VCXNano cable but later once it's working id put auto detection or manual selection in.

With it hooked up to a VZ ECU it should send a VIN request and ECU return the first line without a 30 poll, the filter is set to all so i should get something back not 0 returned.

My C# skills are non existent im more machine code lol. Ive attached the visual studio 2019 project.

Code: Select all

Loading Library

Connection Open
Connect

Setup Filters: 0
Message to Send: 00-00-07-E0-02-1A-90
Message Sent: 0
Read: 0

Clear Filters
Close Device Connection
Close Library

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by ironduke »

I tried your tool, but it didn't work with the GM MDI, I changed the code to point at the mdi dll but it still fails.. I didn't have time today to try and sort out why, I'm just learning c# as well, lol..

Is the VCXNano J2534 complaint?, I thought it was.

Does the bruteforce program work with the VCX nano? It's using a different DLL from a github repository that I had found, not sure if it is but it seemed the easiest to get started with..
E38_brute_force-master (1).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by Gampy »

I need a J-tool, is this the correct one, GM VCX Nano??

Sure do have a distaste for their greedy nature ... Vehicle MFG specific tools!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by The1 »

thanks guys for the input, yep i have the VCXNano, i got mine for about $90, i looked at other cables and this was the cheapest that did J2534 and also GM tech2win. Its been working great.

I have figured out my errors mainly the string formats i think and have it fully working now including library selection. It's really a template for my other ideas now. It's also handy then to for other people to use.

Ironduke i tried that library but didn't have much luck for some reason.

Code: Select all

E55Tool v1.00 by The1 pcmhacking.net

J2534 Library by PCMHammer https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/wiki/PCM-Hammer

0:MDI
1:MDI 2
2:VXDIAG
Input Device Number:
2
Cable dll File: C:\ProgramData\VCX\Apps\PASSTHRU\VCXPT32.dll
Loading Library

Connection Open
Connect
Setup Filters

Message Sent: 00 00 07 E0 1A 90

Read Message: 00 00 07 E8 10 13 5A 90 36 47 31 5A
Read Message:

Clear Filters
Close Device Connection
Close Library
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by ironduke »

Nice work!! I'm not anywhere I can give this version a try right now but I'll give it a go when I can..

I know you have to send it a 0x01,0x30 message in order for it to send the rest of the vin.. Someone may correct me but the 0x10 after the 0xE8 indicates a multiline message, given this you need to send a 0x01,0x30 anytime you see the 0x10, it usually indicates the size of the message if it's 7 or under..
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by The1 »

yep that's correct :thumbup:
mattyjf01
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by mattyjf01 »

Watched some C# tutorials last weekend
Got your program working with MDI

Anybody had any luck with VB.net and J2534?
I think i should give up on VB.net and J2534 :comp:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by antus »

I agree that you should give up on vb.net, and try c#. Its more popular, and a more mature language, with lots of help around. Once you've come on board with it you wont look back.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by The1 »

i was in the same boat, was VB especially back in Version 6 days, as soon as .net came VB went to crap so now i use C and C#. Especially easier cause there's more predone code and talking to windows and other library's is easier.
User avatar
mcusys
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 am
cars: I used Isuzu pick-up
Location: THAILAND

Re: C# J2534 Tool

Post by mcusys »

Is it possible that we can modify J2534 library work for mitsubishi M.U.T. III Software because only work MUT VCI interface....But there are those who create VCI_Bridge for Connect PassThru device after open M.U.T Software but very expensive cost.

I've seen a program like this that can PassThru device and M.U.T III software without MUT Interface.

What is your opinion?

Here is video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSFBWE5lXE&t=37s