Running a Man tune in a 424

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
hatchssv8
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
Location: Melbourne

Re: Running a Man tune in a 424

Post by hatchssv8 »

Thanks


OK.time to call it a night.

looked at the 'stock" bin and VATS is not set. Does that seem correct?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Running a Man tune in a 424

Post by Jayme »

you need to Tick it to disable vats. the flag is usually called "Disable VATS"
hatchssv8
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
Location: Melbourne

Re: Running a Man tune in a 424

Post by hatchssv8 »

Thanks, set flag to disable VATS. Done

VL400: Need to get that board from you. After the board is fitted to the 808, does it provide Comms both ways. I would just need to add 1 circuit to the ECM connector (pin 3 escapes me right now) to log and command the 808. Can you please confirm.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Running a Man tune in a 424

Post by VL400 »

Not totally sure what your setup is but there are a couple of options for getting 8192 baud data out of the 808 once you have that 32k bin loaded.

1) comms board -RS232 data link direct to a PC https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=165 or USB (couple of weeks wait for stock) https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164
2) SXR emulator - turns the 808 into a '3082 (manual ECM) https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=398 . Still need a comms board to actually connect a PC, the USB one above or this https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=396.


If you have a BCM you want connected then you need option 2. If all you want is to connect a laptop and log data then go option 1. All boards provide bidirectional data.
hatchssv8
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
Location: Melbourne

Re: Running a Man tune in a 424

Post by hatchssv8 »

"Yeah with the standard 808 memcal you wont get a VR/VS manual bin on there, but seeing as you have a memcal from the '424 with a 512kbit EPROM can just burn the 32k bin to that and run it in the 808 - can do that right now without any modifications to the 808. Once you get it drivable you need to change the speed sensor constant but for just running up the engine disbale VATS and your good to go.

When burning a 32k bin to a 64k EPROM you will either have to offset the bin (offset = 0x8000) or stack it using TunerPro."

As advised above

I got the 512 chip burned with the bin stacked. (I understand this to have the same bin twice, one starting at 0x0000 and the second at 0x8000)

I havent tried to start yet, but I connected to the laptop to see if I still had comms., but I dont anymore, I only get a solid CEL on.
Does this mean there is something wrong with the bin, the burn, or is it normal as it is a VS bin??



Sorry fellas.......just found an earlier post with my answers
Thanks Jayme and Holden202. I need to add the sxr board first!