Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
Hi antus, You know my son is now 11 years old .Cant believe how fast the years have past by.....
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
Hi all, I am working on a bosch ignition module from VN/VR V8 Commodore (not 100% sure what its from) . Has been tested in a car and found intermittently faulty. So thought id give it a go fixing it .
Also
I have taken board out and resolder some dry joints
click link for video...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1duV5yC ... sp=sharing
Also
I have taken board out and resolder some dry joints
click link for video...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1duV5yC ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinker on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Tinkers Rides
Looking at the VT wiring here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2265#p21753
Grey/Red looks like ground and White/black looks like positive.
Grey/Red looks like ground and White/black looks like positive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
This is the wiring I have been following. As mine is not Vt with cam sync . The VN V8 colours seem to match up better except for the PINK instead of RED going into module.
My point (looking at both diagrams) is why would you use a wire with a black trace for POSITVE and a red trace wire for NEGATIVE?
I do not have the harness plug that goes to the dizzy , if anyone can test the plug to find witch pins are what would help with this part .
My point (looking at both diagrams) is why would you use a wire with a black trace for POSITVE and a red trace wire for NEGATIVE?
I do not have the harness plug that goes to the dizzy , if anyone can test the plug to find witch pins are what would help with this part .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
Its been a while ,changed some of my info that was wrong . Hope this helps someone
1) BLACK : gnd battery
2) LIGHTBLUE : sensor signal
3) GREY/RED : sensor -
4) RED : battery 12v+
5) WHITE/BLACK: sensor +
6) BROWN : neg coil
Also anyone with a bad hall effect sensor in the dizzy jaycar have new ones Part no#:HKZ-101 Hall Effect for around $20 bucks.
1) BLACK : gnd battery
2) LIGHTBLUE : sensor signal
3) GREY/RED : sensor -
4) RED : battery 12v+
5) WHITE/BLACK: sensor +
6) BROWN : neg coil
Also anyone with a bad hall effect sensor in the dizzy jaycar have new ones Part no#:HKZ-101 Hall Effect for around $20 bucks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinker on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Tinkers Rides
I'll add this here, probably a bit late for you but gives a little more info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
Ok so I have got the junk yard rb30 mounted on testbed, I have not had the engine running . Going to try and get her going with original ECU and engine harness and go from there ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
Good info mate, thanksimmortality wrote:I'll add this here, probably a bit late for you but gives a little more info.
Juckyard Dog Garage.
-
Vrv8hz
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm
Re: Tinkers Rides
Hi Tinker, I have been playing around with a RB30 turbo in my VL for a little while and have just gotten it running last night. I am using an 808 with jackaroo module, L67 injectors and VN sensors. I have modified a V6 bin and it starts and runs, idles ok. I plan to put a timing light on it and see whats going on next but did also just pop a head gasket on the 304 turbo in the prem so might not get a lot done on the VL in the next few weeks. How are you going with your RB conversion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
Re: Tinkers Rides
Hi Vrv8hz . Been busy with work etc... but have got a little bit done, should try for startup this weekend. So the jackaroo setup i have not seen . So did you use the trigger wheel and sensor of the jackaroo / and ign module? interesting. I'll keep you posted on progress.
Juckyard Dog Garage.