More panel work today. The metal stretcher /shrinker tool comes in handy.
265 Hemi to efi
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Sprayed the engine bay this morning and hope to get the engine back in and running soon. Using the clear over base system is an easy way for a beginner to get a good shine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by heff0018 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Hey Heff,
What exactly is the base over clear system?
Thanks.
Chuff
What exactly is the base over clear system?
Thanks.
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I think he means clear over base. A flat colour base coat, with gloss clear coat on top.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Ha too many paint fumes, clear over base. CheersChuff wrote:Hey Heff,
What exactly is the base over clear system?
Thanks.
Chuff
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Hi all, got the engine back in and everything hooked up and no spark. It’s been driving me nuts. The blue light shows in the ecu.I have 12v at the GM module and I have switched power at the Crane Hi 6 box but no signal to the hi 6 from the white wire which is triggered from the coil wire from the gm module. I replaced the ignition module and no difference. I am going to install the Camira coil and see if that works. Is there any safe way of testing the coil negative wire from the GM ignition module. Cheers.
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
With all that new paint I would be looking at a bad earth somewhere. Make sure the Ignition module is earthed.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks Kojab, certainly seems like an earth problem but I have run temp wires back to battery negative to check all the earths (I think). I must be missing something.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I've had old relays catch me out a couple of times, they bench test fine but won't carry enough current to actually make things happen. After finally finding the offender cracking it open usually reveals corrosion/erosion of the contacts.