2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change
-
JCW
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:02 pm
- cars: 1998 GMC Sierra 5.7l
2014 Ford F-250 6.7l super-duty
2017 BMW 340i - 6 cylinder turbo
2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change
Help please anyone ! I’m trying to get my Dads truck fixed - 2008 Ford F-250 6.4L - started giving no start/no crank every once in a while .. the truck has had the EGR removed and it came with SCT tuner .. I removed the SCT tuner because I figured that was the problem.. installed H&S .. still had to clear codes to get it to start sometimes .. then now it doesn’t shift right doesn’t want to come out of second gear .. so I thought maybe the problem was the PCM going bad.. I ordered a PCM and thought it was coming with the vin already flashed but it didn’t so I need some help if anyone knows what needs to be done.. I read something about the PATS reset, so with the new PCM it will not crank or start .. and the security light is on.. and I only have one key for this truck ! So if anyone can point me In the right direction I’d certainly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!
-
JCW
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:02 pm
- cars: 1998 GMC Sierra 5.7l
2014 Ford F-250 6.7l super-duty
2017 BMW 340i - 6 cylinder turbo
Re: 2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change
Damn a lot of views but not help!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: 2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change
I've read around so long as that model is supported you may be able to use ForScan to link & they have a free trial period I believe.
-
PSM 64
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 am
Re: 2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change
JCW wrote:Help please anyone ! I’m trying to get my Dads truck fixed - 2008 Ford F-250 6.4L - started giving no start/no crank every once in a while .. the truck has had the EGR removed and it came with SCT tuner .. I removed the SCT tuner because I figured that was the problem.. installed H&S .. still had to clear codes to get it to start sometimes .. then now it doesn’t shift right doesn’t want to come out of second gear .. so I thought maybe the problem was the PCM going bad.. I ordered a PCM and thought it was coming with the vin already flashed but it didn’t so I need some help if anyone knows what needs to be done.. I read something about the PATS reset, so with the new PCM it will not crank or start .. and the security light is on.. and I only have one key for this truck ! So if anyone can point me In the right direction I’d certainly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!
You'll need a tool that can input vin, as-built and do pats reset.
If you have any J2534 interface you can purchase a subscription to fords FJDS and flash the PCM with as-built info and input vin, tire size, axle ratio etc.
-
Pretty01
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:34 pm
Re: 2008 Ford 6.4L PCM Change
This is a common problem with Ford F-250sJCW wrote:Help please anyone ! I’m trying to get my Dads truck fixed - 2008 Ford F-250 6.4L - started giving no start/no crank every once in a while .. the truck has had the EGR removed and it came with SCT tuner .. I removed the SCT tuner because I figured that was the problem.. installed H&S .. still had to clear codes to get it to start sometimes ..shuttle Paris then now it doesn’t shift right doesn’t want to come out of second gear .. so I thought maybe the problem was the PCM going bad.. I ordered a PCM and thought it was coming with the vin already flashed but it didn’t so I need some help if anyone knows what needs to be done.. I read something about the PATS reset, so with the new PCM it will not crank or start .. and the security light is on.. and I only have one key for this truck ! So if anyone can point me In the right direction I’d certainly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for your help!