Just a quickie.
If the ECM/PCM is in limp homemode, the CEL is illuminated (constant on) True of False
I have only connected the engine harness atm and I have hardwired a CEL lamp directly to the brown/white (forget the number or pn location) wire from the ECM. When I start the engine the light switches off. Does this mean that the engine is running 'normal', ie: not in limp home mode (I am running a 808)
Thanks
Limp Home mode
-
hatchssv8
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
- cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
- Location: Melbourne
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Limp Home mode
yes cel is on all the time in limp mode .... also thermo fans will be always on too.
sounds like yours is working.
jumper pin a9 to ground and then turn the ignition on, this will put the ecm in diagnostic mode, and the cel will flash ..... it should flash 1 flash then a pause then 2 flashes .... this means system ok .... thats a good test ... if it flashes other numbers then they might be issues with the system.
sounds like yours is working.
jumper pin a9 to ground and then turn the ignition on, this will put the ecm in diagnostic mode, and the cel will flash ..... it should flash 1 flash then a pause then 2 flashes .... this means system ok .... thats a good test ... if it flashes other numbers then they might be issues with the system.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
hatchssv8
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
- cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Limp Home mode
yeah thanks Holden202
I have done all the usual checks you mention..............code 12
I havent monitored if the fans are being driven.......no need as yet as I havent got the elec unit fitted.............just using a mech one
Going through the binary though to make the 'easy' changes for my setup. will change checksum to $AA just to make sure.
Lots of reading through old posts helps
I have done all the usual checks you mention..............code 12
I havent monitored if the fans are being driven.......no need as yet as I havent got the elec unit fitted.............just using a mech one
Going through the binary though to make the 'easy' changes for my setup. will change checksum to $AA just to make sure.
Lots of reading through old posts helps