CRC's..Checksums.. Reverse Engineering!

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: CRC's..Checksums.. Reverse Engineering!

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote: I think "Disassembly and Resassembly" but its original intention how that relates to reverse engineering, I think i'll update the areas name/comment, and also move this thread there.
Is it kinda weird I get excited seeing a R&D thread? :lol: :D
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: CRC's..Checksums.. Reverse Engineering!

Post by Gatecrasher »

I do too. :lol:
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: CRC's..Checksums.. Reverse Engineering!

Post by AngelMarc »

antus wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:49 pm Im not saying it is for sure one of these, but it would have to be a likely. Right manufacturer, comes from the right era (i think, from a quick skim?), has can bus on board etc..

Knowing GM its also possibly custom, and some specs might be tweaked. Wether its 100% right or now its still probably a good reference to work from as a starting point.

MPC5554: Qorivva 32-bit MCU for Powertrain Applications

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... 4&lang_cd=

MPC5554_BDTN.jpg
I didn't read through it all. Was there any more certainty on that in the last 6 years?
Don't stress specific units.