FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by Gareth »

Stock level updated
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
POZE
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm
cars: GN

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by POZE »

I have a car That i used 12p on and haven't touched it for almost seven years. I am using a US ECM 1227165. Years ago I purchased a NVRAM and I'm wondering if I made a mistake when I soldered in a jumper wire. I was looking at the directions that came with it and I don't think it shows a modification to use the NVRAM on a 165 ecm. I soldered in a wire like it shows for the 808. Can anyone help? Thanks
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by 'quipt4it »

Hi POZE,
May be better to post in Hardware section.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by 'quipt4it »

Just found this forum
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119333-5.html
Scroll down half page.
Is this what you have. It also has the 'wire mod' for board.
Dylan wrote:Something to think about is the American 1227165 ECU. Same as our 1227808. It's compatible with 12P.

Follow instructions for '808. If no go, verify jumpers, NVRAM corrupt or out of date? pin contact etc
Here is some info that may help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POZE
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm
cars: GN

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by POZE »

Hello Quipt4it,
Thanks for the response. I looked around at your info but wasn't positive about the correct answer. I got to thinking about the PM from VL 400 almost eight years ago when I purchased the NVRAM and there was a link to assemble instructions. The electronic copy clearly shows the jumper wire. I must have printed the instructions and the print didn't pick up the wire.
Thanks
Car has sat for seven years. I put a new battery in it today and used a chip from tuning with the Moats Auto Prom and it fired right up on 12p and sounded good. I really enjoy using the 12P. There are some very talented guys on this forum.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by 'quipt4it »

Let the fun begin.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by antus »

Good to hear you got it going. That 'info.pdf' file above is the hardware and software guide, available in the FAQ area, see the link up near the top right. I think its the same version, and I dont forsee any need to change it, but note to others, please download the FAQ area instead if you want to be sure.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vn_ss_cm
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:05 pm
cars: VN SS
Location: PERTH

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Hello Antus I sent a pm in regards to a Nvram and aldl interface :)
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by antus »

Sorry, Looks like I missed a PM, I have responded. Cheers!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
tomz
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:48 pm

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by tomz »

hi all can anyone show me where the write jumper needs to be soldered I cant seem to find anywhere?
I imagine this will also work on the moates adapters as well??
cheers