To Cut or not to Cut?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

To Cut or not to Cut?

Post by Kroozer »

Hi Guys, I have a 99 VS S3 V8 ute and I'm wanting to relocate the coil pack to the strut tower. It has a slight miss sometimes and doing abit of research I've come across "Engine code 49" issues that are related to the brown coil wire. What I'm wondering is if I cut the brown wire at the ignition module plug and run it straight to the coil pack will it bugger anything like the tacho or such?

Thanks ✌

Image
Image
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: To Cut or not to Cut?

Post by Charlescrown »

I moved my VR coil to the inner guard with no problems.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: To Cut or not to Cut?

Post by vs ss »

From memory the tach wire splices into the brown wire,But not sure where.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: To Cut or not to Cut?

Post by Kroozer »

Charlescrown wrote:I moved my VR coil to the inner guard no problems.
Did you just extend the wires, or cut the brown wire from the Ign Module plug?
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: To Cut or not to Cut?

Post by Kroozer »

vs ss wrote:From memory the tach wire splices into the brown wire,But not sure where.
Yeah that's what I thought aswell but don't know where either and don't really want to disturb the 20 year old crispy wires to much
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: To Cut or not to Cut?

Post by Charlescrown »

Just cut and extended the wires placing the coil in a more user friendly location.