VS L67 fuel pump?

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by vlad01 »

Does anyone know if a VS l67 fuel pump is the same physically/externally as the NA VN-VS pumps?

I can't even find a pic of them on google other than the generic ebay pics which could be any old pump.


I want to have a drop in option for my VP S which I am gathering parts for a 340-360hp build later on and need something that flows more than stock but not crazy overkill so the fuel doesn't get hot, nor want to mod my sender to suit aftermarket.

As far as I speculate the L67 VS one should be a drop in option right? Also someone told me they are 3.2L/min. Can anyone confirm? can't find a data sheet for the EFP-159 Delphi units. Only found data on the NA pumps from AC Delco which states 2.4L/min for the NA pump, they also don't make a SC version, only Delphi currently make one as far as my research has come up with. Delphi don't have any data sheets.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by 'quipt4it »

If you are looking for an option, I was in the same boat as you, no overkill, just baby bears porridge.
I couldn't go past Aeroflow's AF49-1012. 180LPH @ 3 bar.
Quality to burn, and bolts in like a stocker. Quiet as a church mouse too.
$85.00 from Rocket Ind.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by The1 »

yep i have the factory L67 fuel pump in my original N/A tank. Ill check my data when i get home i think i have the specs.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by vlad01 »

Sweet! thanks Nigel, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

So it was just plug and play then?

Looking at this one. From what I can verify it seems the right one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Delphi-ELEC ... SwZQ1fBeJ2
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by The1 »

yeh i just used the delphi one, swapped it straight in.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by vlad01 »

Excellent, I heard they are good for north somewhere of 350 wheel HP or about 400 crank which more than covers what I need. Btw the injectors I talked to you about have arrived, just need to pick them up.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by 'quipt4it »

They must have a lot of headroom.
VS S/C is rated at 165 kw
VT on rated at 171 kw.
They could have got by with a stocker... :lol:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by vlad01 »

I would say so, making about 180kw on my NA v6 on the stock NA pump with enough of head room. It would support about 300hp, but barley enough return flow to run the swirl pot. L67 one will leave enough flow at 350hp to run the venturi on the swirl pot, if fact slightly more than what my 180Kw one leaves now.

I don't want to over drive the return so it's a good sizes pump, the return lines in the tank are know to blow off if you feed to much return pressure as the steel pipe going into the side of the tank is straight and has no barb. I fucked a good tank by blowing out the line with an air compressor in order to clean the line out.
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by Comcal76 »

This is a l67 one I swapped out for a Walbro 342.
20210202_173805.jpg
20210202_173816.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS L67 fuel pump?

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah, looks the same as the NA ones. What's with the hose though?