VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I've downloaded it but haven't had a chance to use it yet, will report back when I make time.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

no drama mate, thanks!
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by ejukated »

Ill give it a go over the weekend when I get a chance to setup an E55 on the bench :)
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

sweet, only if you get time mate! appreciated. :thumbup:
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by julespatch »

I've got a few here. I'll hook it up tomorrow and let them run.
Nice work!
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by julespatch »

I just tried on 2 ECUs. It crashes after trying to connect.
Both connected on the bench, both have comms in t2w, 1 I know is timer locked and the other is not at the timer stage.
Tried on Win10x64 with MDI2, VCM2 and the Autel J box.
Tried in Win7 x32 VM with MDI2.
Anything else I can try?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

Thanks for testing.

Do you have the passthrough driver installed for that cable? It doesn't look like it's finding the passthrough dll driver.

You'l also likely need windows 10 with latest Runtimes installed, check here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... f26a218cc0

Im not sure that MDI2 supports passthrough like other cables.
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by julespatch »

This is my main machine I use for programming with the mdi2 and other devices everyday so it definitely works.
I'll try another PC and get back :)
jxx
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
cars: To many
Location: Vic

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by jxx »

Tried and tested with vxnano and worked great on the bench.
Couldn't get it to work in vehicle no matter what options were chosen even upto 1000ms.

Would it be possible to write a program to security link the ecu back?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

That's awesome, thanks for testing!

yes it could, i could add it to this but i hadn't as 99% of people using this tool would highly likely already have a scantool to do that.

In the one vehicle i know was tested with Gareth we used the suggested timing in vehicle and had silence bus enabled and it worked in vehicle.