VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
ev351
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am

VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

Hi all,

My first post here.

I have nearly completed fitting an factory Supercharged v6 into a 85 suzuki sierra. All mecahnicals done. All electronics done. Nearly. Its all stock. However, it wont start. I have spark and fuel pressure, but the injectors are not pulsing. My first question is, do I need the BCM from the donor vehicle to tell the ecu that its ok to run? Or is it not that smart? If someone could let me know if the VS ECU will work by itself, I would really appreciate it. Once I can establish that, I can either chase a BCM, or go looking for what I have done wrong that could be causing no fuel pulse. Im not sure whether this engine is out of a Series one or Two VS, if anyone can help identify I will let you guys know.,

Thanks in advance....

Ev.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by delcowizzid »

you need a tune with the security turned off
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ev351
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

Ok thank you, that at least makes feel a little less stupid. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this done?
ev351
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

Oh, and im not sure if this might help me, but i do have a VR in the yard which has a matching key and BCM,,, Im not sure if this would be compatible with the VS?? Maybe a silly idea..

Ev.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by delcowizzid »

nope vr and vs use different bcm signals i can soon do one if need be
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ev351
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

Oh ok, Are you in Sydney? I am happy to pay for your services as this is a bit beyond me at present.
Ev.
ev351
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

Ok, after some looking around this site, maybe I can ask a more specific question,,, and can i say what a great site. After hunting around a little, it looks to me like i would require a bin for a standard VS (four wire oxygen sensors ) V6 Supercharged Auto with VATS or security disabled. After that if im correct, all i need to do is burn it into the EPROM in the ECU, and i think unless there is anything peculiar, it shoul,d be very similar to programming some older Two Way radio gear, which I am already set up to do.

So, Delcowizzid, if you have a BIN of that description, I would really love to get a copy...

Thanks.

Ev.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by delcowizzid »

so you have an eprom burner that will burn a 27c010 eprom and a uv eraser or a flash chip to replace the one in the memcal.the stock S/C tune is on here and an XDF is in the holden section as well
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ev351
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

yes, I can manage that, I will just be using an eprom, as i have them lying about the place. I found a VS supercharged bin on here in the stock bin files thread. It did not mention that security was on or off... is it a given that this has been disabled or am i looking in the worng place?

Ev.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by delcowizzid »

try that
Btbp3243no vats.bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem