Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
All the tip-in stuff is for manual trans.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
Mr DOHC wrote:So what’s the map actually telling me?
Is it saying at 20% throttle at 1200rpm it’s going to knock 10.55 degrees of timing out?
Pretty much, during sudden throttle movements though. It will feed the timing back in once the throttle stabilizes.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
Knew I saw it somewhere!VL400 wrote:From the FAQ![]()
Q. What is "Tip in bump spark"?
A. Tip in bump spark is for low speed drivability in a manual, between tip in bump spark and RDSC (RPM derivative spark control) it adjusts the spark to smooth throttle transitions so you you can cruise the carpark in comfort.
-
Mr DOHC
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 6:34 am
- cars: VP Maloo
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
I went in to the RDSC stuff and I changed the high and low to 400rpm each so it won’t come on at all.
I should probably change that map to all zeroes too?
I should probably change that map to all zeroes too?
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
Just uncheck the Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control optionMr DOHC wrote:I went in to the RDSC stuff and I changed the high and low to 400rpm each so it won’t come on at all.
I should probably change that map to all zeroes too?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
I wouldn't bother copying anything over just start from scratch set the bpc add your Injector data and start tuning from the 12p basemap
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
Someone used the FAQ, yay! 
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Mr DOHC
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 6:34 am
- cars: VP Maloo
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
Update: i uploaded the bin, this is the first attempt to change my Kalmaker tune to $12P. After the upload, the fan kicked on at full speed and it wont start.
It also wont reconnect to the laptop now.
any ideas on what i fucked up?
It also wont reconnect to the laptop now.
any ideas on what i fucked up?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
You can't just upload 12p to a kalmaker nvram setup you have to put 12p on the nvram with an eprom programmer first then you can upload to it from there
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Mr DOHC
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 6:34 am
- cars: VP Maloo
Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P
I've asked that question a few different ways, how do i actually upload, and have received no answer and i didnt see it anywhere else. i assumed that the Kalmaker has the capability via the existing setup.
Any idea on how to change it back?
Any idea on how to change it back?