Have you got any other tools that use the tactrix cable to see how they connect to read/write?
A lot of the tools I use with tactrix have a security dongle so app wont work unless you have their dongle plugged in too, but ecuflash for the subi's & mitsubishi etc is pretty basic if you can snoop on that?
VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Tactrix also works with TIS2000 or SPS online
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Might need to have a look to compare what Im doing in comparison to yourself.The1 wrote:yeh there's no error from the tool via err but it passes no data in or out. Works fine with vxdiag but not with any other tools, somethings missing, ill keep messing here and get it fixed.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Likely on my end, im sure your coding is working fine lol, ironduke helped me today and looks like we have progress.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
uploaded V1.1, changelog on the main post also, please test with all your cables, hopefully it's 110% better than V1.0.
Huge thanks to all the guys Ironduke, Tazzi and everyone for testing as well.
I will work on getting relinking option added for next version.
Ive put the file up as a 7z hopefully no download issues this way? You'l need 7zip to extract it.
Huge thanks to all the guys Ironduke, Tazzi and everyone for testing as well.
I will work on getting relinking option added for next version.
Ive put the file up as a 7z hopefully no download issues this way? You'l need 7zip to extract it.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
looks like it's working well on bench with all settings left unchanged, apart from I started the code where it was supposed to be but looks like it's not correct so I left the searching going...pretty quick too!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Nice
, not sure what you mean though.
Yeh the timings are now different in this version with the code but 500ms should be 99% reliable from my testing, ive had it work down to 200ms though on the bench.
Bus silence command if enabled will send out silence every 5 pin tries.
Yeh the timings are now different in this version with the code but 500ms should be 99% reliable from my testing, ive had it work down to 200ms though on the bench.
Bus silence command if enabled will send out silence every 5 pin tries.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
I just left all the settings as you'd made them as I was pretty sure they were the recommended bench settings.
Strange thing was I knew the pin code was supposed to be 6017 so I started it at 6000 & went over that area a couple of times at that setting but didn't find it.
So I then thought I'll get this done fast & set speed at 100ms, & went through ALL the codes in guessing 15 minutes & didn't find it but I knew it was probably too fast so I then set it to 200ms & found it I reckon in about 30minutes(seemed more than twice as slow than 100ms) & it was 6017...
The other strange thing I noticed once when it was on 500ms it started at 0 like it was supposed to but a couple of lines down it jumped from 02 to the next line 06 or similar so I don't think it even checked 03, 04 or 05
BUT ALL IN ALL GREAT WORK!!!!
Strange thing was I knew the pin code was supposed to be 6017 so I started it at 6000 & went over that area a couple of times at that setting but didn't find it.
So I then thought I'll get this done fast & set speed at 100ms, & went through ALL the codes in guessing 15 minutes & didn't find it but I knew it was probably too fast so I then set it to 200ms & found it I reckon in about 30minutes(seemed more than twice as slow than 100ms) & it was 6017...
The other strange thing I noticed once when it was on 500ms it started at 0 like it was supposed to but a couple of lines down it jumped from 02 to the next line 06 or similar so I don't think it even checked 03, 04 or 05
BUT ALL IN ALL GREAT WORK!!!!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
ok thanks for that, i will do more error checking on return strings to help with that hopefully and test some more.
What cable are you using atm?
What cable are you using atm?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
That was with the tactrix, did you want me to test with MDI too?