Hi all, and thanks for the help so far.
I have a VS v6 Supercharged ECU, which I was all ready to remove the VATS on (Thanks to Delcowizzid and Antus) but to my dissapointment, I find that the PROM cannot be removed from that silly holder. I saw a home brew solution on here which I like the idea of, and I may be hacking into some old PC motherboards on the weekend so that I can make an adapter from the memcal to the EPROM burner.
My question is, what brand is the stock PROM, the numbers on it do not make sense. Are they just a 27c010, or something slightly different? and can i just erase and reprogram as a 27c010? What is the PGM voltage?
Thanks.
Reading / Writing Stock VS EPROM
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Reading / Writing Stock VS EPROM
Just use the settings for a generic 27c010 with 12.5v for the program voltage. Burn the bin with offset 0.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Reading / Writing Stock VS EPROM
most stock chips i have seen for vs have been Fairchild FM27C010
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
Re: Reading / Writing Stock VS EPROM
Thanks for your help, Im going to grab some bits to solder up an adaptor today. We shall see how it goes.
Ev.
Ev.