I've been known to resemble that remarkGampy wrote:Must of had your beer goggles on ...
VXDiag VCX Nano
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
-
jxx
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
- cars: To many
- Location: Vic
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
I can't tell from the pics, but does pin 9 goto unpopulated FB20 or FB21 thru a via and tracks?vs ss wrote:Gampy,I do t know if these are the photos you want but I have a couple of mine.
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
I can't tell from the pics, but does pin 9 goto unpopulated FB20 or FB21 thru a via and tracks?[/quote]
No, it appears to have the pad for pin 9 to be soldered onto but has no tracks coming off it. On the opposite side of the board it only has one track off of pin 5 that goes through the board and terminates on the track you see in front of fb21.
I put another pic up that might help a bit better.
No, it appears to have the pad for pin 9 to be soldered onto but has no tracks coming off it. On the opposite side of the board it only has one track off of pin 5 that goes through the board and terminates on the track you see in front of fb21.
I put another pic up that might help a bit better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
i probed pin9 it doesn't link to anything. The ST chip anyway doesn't seem to support uart.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
Yeah, I double checked again now, and it doesnt run to any nearby pad or component (Verifying incase it was running on an internal layer).
When I spoke to the devs a while ago, they said they didnt have any vehicles to test on which had GM UART couldn't test. I was hoping that meant they at least had the hardware there but appears not.
When I spoke to the devs a while ago, they said they didnt have any vehicles to test on which had GM UART couldn't test. I was hoping that meant they at least had the hardware there but appears not.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
Not sure if this is worth bothering with, I pulled my $25 aliexpress tactrix cable apart, pin 9 is hooked upto the chip pin 3rd down from top on the left. Infineon TLE6208 main IC is NXP LPC2366FBD100 which has 4 uarts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
Hi all;
Anyone have a source for known good VCX Nanos?
I'm wanting to get one for working on my car and van.
Mike.
Anyone have a source for known good VCX Nanos?
I'm wanting to get one for working on my car and van.
Mike.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
The1 posted this earlier in this thread ... https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7161&start=20#p106527
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
Thanks Gampy.
I must have been daydreaming when I saw that post due to the pretty pictures!
Mike
I must have been daydreaming when I saw that post due to the pretty pictures!
Mike
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: VXDiag VCX Nano
Thank you, I really needed that laugh!
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!