That's your problem!Thomas wrote:I’m using hp tuner
How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
Gampy wrote:That's your problem!Thomas wrote:I’m using hp tuner
The "this ecu has been locked by another tuner" occurs because HPTuners detects that the seed/key are not the factory combination and that you have not licensed that ecu, thus makes the assumption you are not the original tuner and does not let you view or edit that file.
I have had previous customers indicate they have loaded up a previously license HPT file, gone to write the file to the ECU which causes the "you must license this ecu" message to appear on screen, to which they accept to license the ECU.
They then stop/prevent HPTuners from actually performing the write procedure, close the application and then reopen the program and load in the original ECU file which removed the lock error.
I personally have not done this, I am just passing on the information that was passed to me. Basically you are licensing the ECU without overwriting it, which then allows you access to the original file as you have licensed that vin/serial. I have no clue if this is only possible on specific versions or not, I have not tried.
Another method is just using pcmhammer then changing the key to a factory value and writing back to the ecu which should allow hptuners to open it happily.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
Oh no, I smell that smell, that awful smell, food for the beast ... DON'T FEED THE BEAST!
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Thomas
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 4:57 am
- cars: Vn group commodore
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
He brought the car and just wanted to calibrate the speedo. I ended up paying someone to unlock it. Had a hp tuner custom os in it.
-
evilstuie
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:07 am
- cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
Hey Tazzi,Tazzi wrote:
Another method is just using pcmhammer then changing the key to a factory value and writing back to the ecu which should allow hptuners to open it happily.
I've got HP Tuners and Tuner locked PCM that I need to access with the same problem.
The tune has the same engine build as my car but different injectors so I need to just remap the fuel to get it good enough to drive for mine.
How do I know what the "factory values" for the seed would be or would PCM hammer do this automatically?
I tried doing the pin ground method but unfortunately was too early in the morning and without coffe and grounded the wrong pin and bricked the whole PCM.
No I'm going to desolder the flash chip and put it on another ECU and try again, but I have a feeling it won't unlock the data for the tune once I'm done...
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
if you want to untuner lock it and have a tune from a compatible OS car, jump the pin to enter boot mode and write the paramaters block with pcmhammer in to the pcm, then reboot the pcm and set the vin back to what it should be. It'll undo any 3rd party changes. But note that it'll also change the pcm serial number. Only do this if you have no interest in hptuners and just want to access the pcm. As always do a full read first from recovery mode to save a backup so you can undo any changes should you find you need to.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
So i had a workshop bring an ls1 ecu that was locked by hpt. to keep story short.
I used efilive to tell me the seed value (6F66). used hpt to then read the tune by gnding the ecu pin and putting it into recovery.
converted the hpt file to binary to open in hex, searched for the seed value & grabbed the key value next to it (3760)
used efilive to unlock the ecu file back to normal seed/key.
used hpt to read the ecu again & tune file opened up with no tunerlock.
If i tried to use the key as a custom one to unlock the ecu, hpt would complain it was still tuner locked.
I used efilive to tell me the seed value (6F66). used hpt to then read the tune by gnding the ecu pin and putting it into recovery.
converted the hpt file to binary to open in hex, searched for the seed value & grabbed the key value next to it (3760)
used efilive to unlock the ecu file back to normal seed/key.
used hpt to read the ecu again & tune file opened up with no tunerlock.
If i tried to use the key as a custom one to unlock the ecu, hpt would complain it was still tuner locked.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm
That is novel but you could have done all of that with pcmhammer and skipped the proprietry file formats.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396