Have just bought an unfinished LS swapped Vp Calais
Needs wiring done
Who has done vx 5.7 auto loom into a Vp,
Plan to strip loom for everything not required,
After pics, details maybe even detailed diagrams
Vp ls1 conversion
-
ravet
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm
- cars: x2 vk Calais
x2 vp calais
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
Welcome to pcmhacking.net ...
Have a look in the upper right where your login name is displayed you will see a Magnifying Glass Icon ... Click on it and type,

Which should result in Ls1 conversion wiring help needed as the fourth item!
[edit]
Upon re-reading, I apologize, this sounds like smart ass response, it was not meant to be!
Have a look in the upper right where your login name is displayed you will see a Magnifying Glass Icon ... Click on it and type,
then select Search!LS1 Vp Calais
Which should result in Ls1 conversion wiring help needed as the fourth item!
[edit]
Upon re-reading, I apologize, this sounds like smart ass response, it was not meant to be!
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
You can buy a complete harness. Plug and play.
They are around $500 though.
They are around $500 though.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
I've done heaps of these. Hairs to explain over a forum honestly.
Have you done anything similar before?
Have you done anything similar before?
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
Love itDylan wrote:... Hairs to explain...
-
ravet
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm
- cars: x2 vk Calais
x2 vp calais
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
I’ve done vs motor trans loom ecu swaps into vpsDylan wrote:I've done heaps of these. Hairs to explain over a forum honestly.
Have you done anything similar before?
-
ravet
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm
- cars: x2 vk Calais
x2 vp calais
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
I’m aware of that i like to do things myself'quipt4it wrote:You can buy a complete harness. Plug and play.
They are around $500 though.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
+1.
It was only a fallback suggestion
It was only a fallback suggestion
-
ravet
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm
- cars: x2 vk Calais
x2 vp calais
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
I’ve got plenty of diagrams now, just trying to located wire needed for mil light (engine light) it’s not in diagrams
-
ravet
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm
- cars: x2 vk Calais
x2 vp calais
Re: Vp ls1 conversion
Can answer my own question now
Pin 46 on red ecu plug is empty have to add a wire
This is used to negative trigger the mil light
Pin 46 on red ecu plug is empty have to add a wire
This is used to negative trigger the mil light