253 V8 carby selection

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

:hmm: I'm not sure either. I think the guy said the bellhouing on it fits a supra 1jz. Thats why I need to swap it to the other one in the pictures. I'm trying to workout correct clutch fork, clutch and pressure plate also a fly wheel for it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vlad01 »

Dellow conversions should have something to suit.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

"Dellow" That's what's printed on the bellshouing I'm putting on. So I guess standard Holden manual fly wheel, clutch and pressure plate? would fit what do you think? then just sort out the fork :think:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vlad01 »

I would get in contact with them and see what else you need. The clutch might be a mix of parts. The fork they should be able to supply one to suit.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

Thanks Mate I didn't even think "Dellow Conversions" would even still be around! these parts are old :lol: . Great advice :thumbup:
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Charlescrown »

I think Dellow is still going. The building had a for sale sign last year but it's gone but the Dellow sign is still up.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vlad01 »

Dellow's all the way for me.

Wouldn't touch CRS with a 10m pole.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.