253 V8 carby selection
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
That made me laugh so bad "A final check is for banana skins lol. A dead give away it has been doctored." so funny
looks like I have few things to do this weekend I've been looking forward to getting back to work on this car! Also I noticed in the parts list will the thrust bearing fit the clutch fork?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360101787646
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/26096248806 ... SwymxVObAB
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360101787646
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/26096248806 ... SwymxVObAB
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
This is the clutch fork link https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/26096248806 ... SwymxVObAB I guess it will suit the thrust bearing like it said it's a kit I recon your right. Just wanted to be 100% sure before spending $200 on a fork.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I've ordered all the parts just got to wait for them to arrive. I just had a thought before I put the engine in, anyone know if there is any rubbers between the k-frame and chassis rails? (VK Commodore) from reading most say no rubbers 
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
That's good! thanks.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Guy's I just ordered this Gilmer Drive Kit for 253 308 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373087513977 any idea of what alternator bracket would suit it? just says 253 308 in ad 
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Hi Guy's
Got the box hooked up and took a few photo's of the gearbox input shaft and the crank. The input shaft sits in side the crank hole. Is this looking right? Another thing I needed to sort out, what goes in the empty hole in the inlet manifold? Thanks Guy's
Got the box hooked up and took a few photo's of the gearbox input shaft and the crank. The input shaft sits in side the crank hole. Is this looking right? Another thing I needed to sort out, what goes in the empty hole in the inlet manifold? Thanks Guy's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.