VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs RPM
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
i was just going off the S/C xdf which just uses X value and looks to be ok, other than that i have no idea 
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
i guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what equation is in there, the graph still looks the same, i guess the big thing would be if you change it do it by percentage so whatever the xdf shows aslong as the graph is a smooth curve thats the main thing.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
I whole heartily agree with 202!
Doesn't matter what tuner pro say's make the diff in the actual cal it self if it looks right(close to standard format in hex) than it must be pretty close!
Some of those equations I've tried using also & they haven't looked right so I manufactured the equation to look like what I thought was right, & as it's doing it to that whole block(which ever area in the xdf for that parametre) so long as it's right it will do the same affect for the whole area!
At least where getting somewhere, XDF looks nice 202!
I just had the weirdest tracing going on with my car, had a map fail or thought I did after just switching back to the maf tune on the ostrich & plug the nv ram board in every time I wanted to test map, wiring & pcm. I then figured well it all looks & tests fine so I'll put the map tune on a proper memcal & see how it goes!
Bingo now working perfect, I guess the ds1245Y got corrupt or something, not sure how it manages to do this but thats something for a different thread I guess!
Doesn't matter what tuner pro say's make the diff in the actual cal it self if it looks right(close to standard format in hex) than it must be pretty close!
Some of those equations I've tried using also & they haven't looked right so I manufactured the equation to look like what I thought was right, & as it's doing it to that whole block(which ever area in the xdf for that parametre) so long as it's right it will do the same affect for the whole area!
At least where getting somewhere, XDF looks nice 202!
I just had the weirdest tracing going on with my car, had a map fail or thought I did after just switching back to the maf tune on the ostrich & plug the nv ram board in every time I wanted to test map, wiring & pcm. I then figured well it all looks & tests fine so I'll put the map tune on a proper memcal & see how it goes!
Bingo now working perfect, I guess the ds1245Y got corrupt or something, not sure how it manages to do this but thats something for a different thread I guess!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
ive just gone from changing the maf values to changing this instead, i set my maf back at stock and it ran rich, i had to lower the value to make it leaner. So i dunno if this is correct.yoda69 wrote:VXL67,
Try the following:
For N/A $51 (Variants A-E) bins it is 2bytes at $42D1/2 and the value should be $1CE8, conversions is X/20.48 = 7400/20.48 = 361.3 msec/gram.
For N/A $51 (Variant F) bins it is 2bytes at $4425/6 and the value should be $1CE8, conversions is X/20.48 = 7400/20.48 = 361.3 msec/gram.
For S/C bins (Variants G&H) it is 2bytes at $44D7/8 and the value should be $111C, conversions is X/20.48 = 4380/20.48 = 213.9 msec/gram.
Note: The lower the value the higher the flowrate as it is measuring how long it takes 1 gram of fuel to flow through the injector.
Hope this helps,
yoda69
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
thats right, your car being rich tells me the injectors flow more for the same opening time, so the stock setting of 361.3 ms/gram means that your new injectors obviously flow more grams for the opening of 361.3ms .... so you need to open them for shorter period of time to lean it ... so hense lower number of milliseconds for that one gram!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
haha, long day dont mind me.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
well if your temps were anything like the 40 degrees we saw today i don't blame you
plus i was sitting in the A/C chilling when i replied hahaha
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
yeh mid to high 30's, dont worry a few cold brewskies going down now.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VS V6 ecotec didn't use base injector rate vs mg/cyl vs
FINALLY!!!!
Updating this thread with what originally started it about!
Turns out Holden did have a table for this but called it something different something like cyl air 50 of AFR, but I thought I'd just change the calculation to read a multiplier of 1 like the inj rate table & bingo!!
afr changed to a multiplier of 1 table & looked like the VT 1!
If anyone wants to know where this is let me know!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Updating this thread with what originally started it about!
Turns out Holden did have a table for this but called it something different something like cyl air 50 of AFR, but I thought I'd just change the calculation to read a multiplier of 1 like the inj rate table & bingo!!
afr changed to a multiplier of 1 table & looked like the VT 1!
If anyone wants to know where this is let me know!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag