First time user aldl kit

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Check RS232 Echo in ADX Edit (tick the box).
Did you try to connect to Flashtool. If you can, that isolates TunerPro as being the problem.
Try the ADX you were first using (VR_$11_v1.05-tp5.adx).
Try checking your USB port while cable is connected to Laptop. Go to Device Manager and then plug in/ unplug cable. The listed port should appear/ disappear if working.
Also, make sure both cable ends are attached before you turn the ignition to 'on'.
It could be a driver problem.
Maybe download TP5 RT afresh?
Use the latesrt version of ADX (see img.).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Hi

I've done all the above, apart from a fresh download and install of tunerpro RT. I will do this.

Is it only tunerpro RT I am to use??

What flash tool am I to use. I used the.flash tool enhanced one, but it wouldn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

If there were 5 people trying to connect to a standard factory memcal,in a VR v6, as I am. Would all our settings be the same?

If so, they are the settings I need.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Use this one:
download/file.php?id=9542 (yours looks correct).
Use only TunerPro RT5 (latest vers.).
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

The screenshot shows you are using com port 1.
Re check your comms. port.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

I originally had come port 3, as this shows up under device manager for the serial USB connector.

I did try come port 1 as the chosen port in the off chance, because I was so frustrated.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by immortality »

I recently talked my mate through installing and setting up Tunerpro RT on his VR SS.

He used/followed this guide.

download/file.php?id=14802

I believe he used OSE plugin 1.50 (next job will be to get him tuning with NVram). The only difference to you is that I had already set him up with an 11P tune so he could simply download the 11p.zip file which has all the correct .bin .xdf .adx files he required.



The fact that you have had the car connected (the blue DA connected at the bottom of the screen) means the laptop must have been talking to the PCM.

What memcal do you have? I'm wondering if you have the correct .xdf and .adx files.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

That file has already been linked^ (among others) :)
OP only needs ADX.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Immortality, I only have a standard factory memcal.
I'm wanting to do live sensor data or similar ECT.

Hoping this is all I need.

Pete
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

As said before, this will do all except tune.
Try using your coms port 3 for Flashtool, if that's the one your still using for TP.
Did you load this version of VR$11 ADX
download/file.php?id=6331
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.