First time user aldl kit
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
With the USB of the aldl cable plugged in to laptop, I go into device manager, and ports. I only see com1.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: First time user aldl kit
You can use this technique to view virtual ports without the device being plugged in ...
For Windows versions less then 10.
Select: View
Select: Show hidden devices
In the Device Manager Tree view,
Expand: Ports (COM & LPT)
For Windows versions less then 10.
For Windows 10 and greator ...Find the "Command Prompt" shortcut and Right-Click on it,
Select: Run as administrator
If required, Enter: Password
At the command prompt type (or copy paste) the following two commands,set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
devmgmt.msc
When Device Manager opens,In the Search box typeand select Device Manager.devmgmt
Select: View
Select: Show hidden devices
In the Device Manager Tree view,
Expand: Ports (COM & LPT)
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
Com3, hidden unless cable is plugged into car?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
Works with cable plugged in to laptop.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
It's not right this second.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
Checked mine, not working. Re-checked, working. Not plugged into ALDL socket.
Damn USB connectors!
Damn USB connectors!
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
Darn things aye
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
I only have to breathe on mine and it's instant disconnect.
Does yours check out O.K.
Does yours check out O.K.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
Trying a different windows hard drive at the mo. As in setting up the drive to the laptop
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: First time user aldl kit
Try a different USB port on the laptop. I have one on mine that is a bit loose and sometimes is unreliable depending on the cable I'm using.