First time user aldl kit
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
The Memcal ID tool says:
$11B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
So, does this mean any thing for trying to connect to the aldl and ecu?
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
That adx you were using should be O.K.
Are you on Windows 7 (as before) with the Microsoft Visual C++ loaded etc.
Are you on Windows 7 (as before) with the Microsoft Visual C++ loaded etc.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
I have win7 and win10 I can try.
I'm thinking there's some thing I'm missing still maybe.
There looks to be a few visual c++, I haven't installed them all yet on win7 to see if that makes a difference.
When I plug into the aldl port, I have noticed when I check the com3 port setting in tunerpro, it gets the brackets around it. A potential issue
I'm thinking there's some thing I'm missing still maybe.
There looks to be a few visual c++, I haven't installed them all yet on win7 to see if that makes a difference.
When I plug into the aldl port, I have noticed when I check the com3 port setting in tunerpro, it gets the brackets around it. A potential issue
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
I can get it to the state where its recognised with out brackets around it. Just thinking it's a problem
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
Checking to see if I have power at aldl under steering wheel
Pin 16 battery + voltage
Pin 5 earth
Pin6 earth
Pin9 baud 8192 data
Pin 16 battery + voltage
Pin 5 earth
Pin6 earth
Pin9 baud 8192 data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
Time to holler for a Marshall lol.
Your battery looks cactus.
Check for a good continuity from pin no.5 to earth. Can the battery be that low and still start?
Double check the pos (+) to neg (-) on the battery (volts).
Terminal no.4 (ALDL) is also an earth.
That's a lot of fresh air in that img. haha
Check for a good continuity from pin no.5 to earth. Can the battery be that low and still start?
Double check the pos (+) to neg (-) on the battery (volts).
Terminal no.4 (ALDL) is also an earth.
That's a lot of fresh air in that img. haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
I'm not a specialist, but are those ohms and volts telling us that the aldl and tunerpro should connect. Or is it creating more doubt?
Raining outside, cars outside, not happening this evening.
Car was in garage this morning, but other cars in there now.
Raining outside, cars outside, not happening this evening.
Car was in garage this morning, but other cars in there now.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: First time user aldl kit
You have voltage @ pin no.16, however it's not needed in this instance.
Voltage between pin no's.6 & 16 is irrelevant.
I'm not sure if the resistance in the data line is meaningful.
Voltage between pin no's.6 & 16 is irrelevant.
I'm not sure if the resistance in the data line is meaningful.
-
Pete30nz
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
- cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive - Location: Christchurch, NZ
Re: First time user aldl kit
What do we need to see at the aldl for it to connect?
Is it more to do with software?
Is it more to do with software?