First time user aldl kit

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by delcowizzid »

You could join the low reading earth pin to the one next to it and see if it connects
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Do I have to make a jumper off the back of those pins?
What pins exactly?
Last edited by Pete30nz on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

I don't want to jump in out of turn here, so I'll let delcowizzid reply...
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

I feel like I've been thrown under a bus^.
OP, you're last post was directed to delcowizzid (before it was edited).
Now my post looks ridiculous.
I'm not changing it to suit you.
Thanks.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by delcowizzid »

Join the 2 aldl plug earth's can strip the insulation or just push in a jumper wire from behind to see if 1 missing earth is the issue
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

'quipt4it wrote:I feel like I've been thrown under a bus^.
OP, you're last post was directed to delcowizzid (before it was edited).
Now my post looks ridiculous.
I'm not changing it to suit you.
Thanks.
Sorry my bad, thought I'd edit my message so it was neutral.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

delcowizzid wrote:Join the 2 aldl plug earth's can strip the insulation or just push in a jumper wire from behind to see if 1 missing earth is the issue
I'll have to try this later on this evening.
If I'm to use a multi meter, what pin and pcm terminals would I test to check if the wire was damaged
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

'quipt4it wrote:Time to holler for a Marshall lol.
holler.jpg
Your battery looks cactus.
Check for a good continuity from pin no.5 to earth. Can the battery be that low and still start?
Double check the pos (+) to neg (-) on the battery (volts).
Terminal no.4 (ALDL) is also an earth.
That's a lot of fresh air in that img. haha
Just pulled up at work, battery volts reading with multi meter 12.81V
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Hi,

A happy day today. I've learnt I also have a faulty fractured wire. At some point I'll strip and repair the wire(s).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by immortality »

Well you got there eventually.

USB cable?