After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

Heu guys,

I recently bought myself another car as its a bit mroe practical than my current car for everyday duties :P
Its a Vr calais that has a few different things done, including a new inlet manifold and throttlebody setup (air filter out the bonnet - carby style) its a VR V8 5spd manual.
The guy I bought it from said its running OSE12P and has a 128k nvram board fitted with a usb interface plug etc. I've tried searching for some more info on getting my laptop connected but I just can't seem to get anything to talk. When I hit the initialize hardware icon it tries for a while then jus says hardware not found.. I assume I'm missing something as old owner could connect to it. My problem with the car is its running so rich (10:1 WOT - has AEM wideband fitted) and apparently the ignition trables have been retarded as it was never properly dyno tuned.
Once I open tunerpro 5 I open the XDF (OSE_12PV110.xdf) then open acquisition -> load definition file ($12p-message6-TP5-fixed dash.adx)
Are these the correct files to be using?? from what I could find I 'think' these are the right ones.
Then in tools -> preferances I've got OSEplugin v1.2.0 on both data acquisition and emulation, with COM5 (the correct COM port)

I've used Microtech and Nistune software before but never Tunerpro.

I've taken pics of the actual ecu hardware if that helps.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance :)

Dave
DSC00559.JPG
DSC00560.JPG
DSC00561.JPG
DSC00562.JPG
DSC00563.JPG
DSC00564.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by VL400 »

Hi and welcome :thumbup:

It sounds like you have it setup ok - although the ADX for normal logging should be message 0 and not message 6 (it has fixed data types in its file name also). Message 6 gives you 3 times the data speed but less items. When trying to connect (logging and when opening TP5) do you see the Red and Green LEDs flash?? If so check that 'cable echo' is ticked in the OSE plugin preference screen.

You can also use the flashtool to read and write, sometimes this can be easier to initially get a working setup. Just select the com port and tick ignore echo - the rest should default to settings that work for 12P.
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

Thanks for superquick reply!

Its hard to see the LEDs as its all mounted back in the ecu case (the blue LED when i plug the USB in is so bright) but I don't think they are flashing at all (that I can see anyway)

The other thing is I have the BIN file OSE_$12P_BLCF_V8.BIN open, is that correct?

Thanks again!

Dave
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

Also, I just tried connecting with the OSE enhanced flash tool, I can't seem to connect at with that either..

This is all new to me so i'm trying to get my head around the way it all works haha

Cheers

Dave
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

OK, not sure what canged or why/how it connected, but with the OSE enhanced flash tool I was able to connect, it found $12OSE Pro ECM Version 01-01-00
From here though I am lost, but at least this proves the ecu connection does actually work (sometimes at least haha)
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

...Sorry for so many replies!

But I've now worked out how to get it to connect, If i turn the ignition to 'ON' the car, THEN plug the USB into my laptop it connects first go no dramas :)
Before I had tunerpro open, ignition off, then would turn ignition on and try to connect.

Now I've got it to connect now i need to read up on what needs changing! And how to go about it :)

I'm sure I'll be asking more questions as I go :)

Cheers!!
User avatar
TTVN
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by TTVN »

make sure you download and save a copy of your current tune and burn it to a disk so u have an external copy then edit the downloaded tune not start fresh with the base tune

save it twice under 2 names so u dont lose it

the VE tables are where you need to go to pull some fuel out of the 90-100 map

only reduce by say 2% at a time until you get a feel where the tables need to be
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

sweet thanks for the info, will definantly save the current tune so I always hav that as a backup.

My other thought though, its got 24lb injectors (blue top hsv injectors), wouldn't surprise me if its still set to have the std 20lb injectors

*even if I let it rev out at half throttle it will still end up at ~10:1afr

Cheers
User avatar
TTVN
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by TTVN »

download the bin and post it up for us to look at
iju58u
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am
cars: MY99 wrx
1994 calais 5lt 5spd

Re: After some help, just bought VR V8 running OSE12P ?

Post by iju58u »

here u go :)
Upload from existing ecu.bin
or if that doesnt work i zipped it
Upload from existing ecu.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.