I see a few different types of XML files that seem to be for defining parameters and I don't really understand the intent of each one. I would like to help out defining some basic parameters for a few OS's. I'm sure there are basic SAE PID's that could be defined as well, but I'm not sure how these files all fit together or if each OS will need it's own XML.
I'm sure NSFW knows this off the top of his head ...
I have no way to test the logger (that I know of), so I know little about it, I can read the code though so I'll look see what I can figure out for you if he doesn't beat me to your answer!
Parameters.RAM.xml has been recently updated.
[edit]
Can I assume that you used Parameters.RAM.xml as a template to create Parameters.12587603.xml and changed the "Location" element to suit 12587603 ??
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
No spaces in "ID" ... Otherwise this looks good as long as the address is valid.
I do not know any 12587603 RAM Addresses off the top of my head ...
Parameters.Standard.xml, Parameters.Math.xml, Parameters.RAM.xml are the only ones most likely to be accurate, they get loaded as defaults when PCMLogger opens ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
I'm obviously misunderstanding how to use the logger ...
There is no way to load a Parameters.12587603.xml.
I do not know if folks are expected to expand the Parameters.Standard.xml, Parameters.Math.xml and Parameters.RAM.xml or what, they are the only .xml files used by PCMLogger that I see.
Then there is the .LogProfile ... The LogProfile is for selecting what (that is previously defined) you want in the log.
You can add a Parameter to Parameters.Standard.xml and it winds up in the Parameters tab, however I have yet to find how it uses Parameters.RAM.xml (other then loading it), still looking.
I have tried adding a Parameters.RAM.xml parameter to My.LogProfile, it fails to include it in the log.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
[Edit]
BTW, Spacy "ID's" do in fact work.
Select your .LogProfile every time, it appears there is a loading issue, like a horse before the kart issue, it picks up the standard stuff but not the RAM stuff so it seems.
[Edit2]
Anyone know a valid RAM location in 12587603 that should have a known value ??
Someplace to retrieve a known for testing ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!