Can this be used in my vp ss?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
chipb
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:25 pm
cars: vp ss, cammed, 5speed, supercharged
ve ssv series 2 wagon, 6speed, 280rwkw
HDJ79R Landcruiser 1HD-FTE
Location: Korumurra Vic

Can this be used in my vp ss?

Post by chipb »

Hi all I was given a 16211838 ecu with a memcal that has a knock board on it along with a chip that has been butchered off it. The chip reads BWC9976

I already have a 808 and NVRAM with all the kit that I still have not used yet due to my ss still not ready to go.

Can I use the memcal along with the NVRAM to utilize the knock board, or can I take the knock board off and use it on my current memcal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Can this be used in my vp ss?

Post by antus »

Yes, the 1F knock board is the correct knock filter to use for a v8. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214&start=20#p13685
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396