Not sure but it could be some vibration/noise triggering it. I know on my VR it went mental when the Y pipe hit the floor. But it also got a lot of random false knock that didn't correspond to anything the engine was doing. Even when I dropped the total timing below 10 I still got false knock, I run 27 deg normally.
From that point on I started deleting the sensor entirely on my builds.
false knock counts
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: false knock counts
Just check your earth points, especially the one from the block to the battery.