"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
'quipt4it wrote:W55 takes 2.6L whereas W56 uses 2.9L.
SAE 75W-90 or 80W-90 grade gear oil (API GL-4).
Don't forget to re-check that input shaft into support bearing (spigot) distance.
From what I calculated you may have driven it in too far.
Give that a lube as well. Dellow say soak it in oil before install...
Hi Mate you were spot on it took 2.9L did it this arvo
'quipt4it wrote:This is going along great. Must be pleasing to get assembly happening. Looks sweet.
You got a good deal on the inlet pipe and block-off plate.
I was going to suggest this: https://www.kingswoodcountry.com.au/buy ... 30600-WB-a
...but I thought it was a bit rich.
I like the integral choke set-up on these later Q-jets, when set up right they work like a charm.
In the img. below, note the location of the plastic vacuum 'insert' behind the choke assy. If you're going electric, block this off, as you will likely have an 'unexplained' vacuum leak lol.
allchokedup.jpg
I'm really happy with the way it's going planing on getting it started and running by the end of this month I'm going to post a video once it's running. I ended up getting the electronic choke, when you said
"note the location of the plastic vacuum 'insert' behind the choke assy. If you're going electric, block this off"
Inside/behind here the bit I replaced with the electronic choke?
block off.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.