253 V8 carby selection

For non EFI mechanical discussion
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

I'll take the electronic choke back off and take a look tomorrow. I have put a vacuum cap here already will that work?
cap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

:wtf: I did not see this when I fitted electronic choke!
this.gif
I will remove choke and take some photos tomorrow :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

'quipt4it wrote:If nothing has been removed yes, that will work.
Does the electric choke use the original housing?
Yes I got this electronic choke
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222666436699
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

'quipt4it wrote: "Used to convert that bad old hot air choke system
winter start ups will never be the same again"

Hahaha
Hahaha :lol: (I'm praying)
I hope so!!.jpg



Just check to see if the seal is there in the first place. will do! :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

'quipt4it wrote:That should be OK. As long as there is a seal or gasket behind that cover.
If you didn't remove the housing it's good.
Just check to see if the seal is there in the first place.
I like their description:

"Used to convert that bad old hot air choke system
winter start ups will never be the same again"

Hahaha
Hi Guy's been busy :thumbup:

Electronic choke installed and hoses, water, vac. If you see anything wrong in the pictures let me know. :think:
engine hoses 1.jpg
engine hoses 2.jpg
engine hoses 3.jpg
engine hoses 4.jpg
I've been busy today will post a few things 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

next bit ! I ran in to Wiring issues, melted? :wtf:
wireing plugs1.jpg
wireing plugs 2.jpg
wiring4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

Decided pull wiring from parts car :thumbup:
parts car wiring.jpg
parts car wiring 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.