After fitting my new 90lbs valve springs I was worried about the 340,000km timing chain so I decided to pull the front timing cover and fit a new one. Got stuck into that yesterday. Got the balancer off first thing, it's been replaced at some stage, the rubber is still good and there is only minimal wear on the hub seal surface.
So the next job was to get the timing cover off, shouldn't take to long right?
Remove the PS pump pulley and idler pulley and mount. Then remove all the bolts in the timing cover but leaving the water pump bolts in place as that has already been replaced at some stage and I don't want to disturb the gasket.

Well **** a duck, an hour later and the cover still isn't off. The cover is sticking on the pin that locates the timing cover and the CAS sensor. Tried cleaning it and using plenty of lube combined with lots of wiggling but it's a no go. I even tried loosening off the sump bolts which has potentially opened a whole another can of worms but that was also off no benefit.

Time to get creative...
First I tapped a thread into the bottom hole in the timing cover so I could put in a bolt to try and get more leaverage to pull it off but it didn't really work. next I decided I needed to get something behind the cover to help push it off the pin.

Winner winner, chicken dinner...

The inside of the timing cover is very clean but the timing chain gear has definitely seen some moisture.