Vampyre wrote:david the P04 is for all FWD v6 gm vehicles, the 3100, 3400 and 3800 motors vans and cars from 99-05 and 3800 firebird camaros
Vampyre, I was talking with a friend of mine this morning who has a 3500 he is trying to run with a OBD1 ECM, does the P04 cover that engine as well do you know?
Edit: corrected spelling of Vampyre which auto correct didn't like.
Hi all,
Scott, According to the website in the link provided above by David:
04-09 Chevrolet Malibu (Maxx), Pontiac G6 3.5 LX9 (P05 PCM with serv # 12581598/19210734, 12591279/19210069, 12600928/19210070)
6+ Chevrolet Impala, Malibu, Monte Carlo / Pontiac G6 / Buick Lucerne / Saturn Aura 3.5 LZ4/LZE, 3.6 LY7, 3.9 LZ9/LZ8/LZD/LZG (E37/E38/E67 ECMs)
It is entirely dependant upon whether it is an LX9 or a LZ9 3500
Vampyre wrote:david the P04 is for all FWD v6 gm vehicles, the 3100, 3400 and 3800 motors vans and cars from 99-05 and 3800 firebird camaros
Vampyre, I was talking with a friend of mine this morning who has a 3500 he is trying to run with a OBD1 ECM, does the P04 cover that engine as well do you know?
Edit: corrected spelling of Vampyre which auto correct didn't like.
Hi all,
Scott, According to the website in the link provided above by David:
04-09 Chevrolet Malibu (Maxx), Pontiac G6 3.5 LX9 (P05 PCM with serv # 12581598/19210734, 12591279/19210069, 12600928/19210070)
6+ Chevrolet Impala, Malibu, Monte Carlo / Pontiac G6 / Buick Lucerne / Saturn Aura 3.5 LZ4/LZE, 3.6 LY7, 3.9 LZ9/LZ8/LZD/LZG (E37/E38/E67 ECMs)
It is entirely dependant upon whether it is an LX9 or a LZ9 3500
Mike
Thank you! It is probably an LX9. He said it was a 2005. I would assume he might be able to start with a 3400 tune in a P04 that supports DBC since that is the throttle body type he is using? His OBD1 approach isn't working out too good.
DavidBraley wrote:Just to add to my last post, I've even tried rotating the pin locations and even mirror imaging them. Nothing in the datasheets even remotely compare to the pin locations in the P01/P59. This is why I'm being super careful with the P08/P04 PCM's. Hardware "bricking" is much more permanent than software "bricking"...
Hiya David,
Just re-reading a few of your threads. Really cool stuff. I don't have the ability to make one of your jigs, awesome machine work I did have a 3d printed one built using NSFW's information, really cool.
I hate to bug this thread but thought I would keep it in a P04 thread. I think somewhere I mentioned I have a 2003 Grand Prix with a 3100 that I am pretty sure has a p04 pcm. I'm curious if the Aussie guys happen to know if these p04's ever had the lean cruise enabled or if it's even in the OS. My trans is getting pretty lazy with age so I am going to do some tweaking on the program to try to get it to live a bit longer. I bought the definition file from TunerCat to aid with this.
I guess what I am asking is mainly about the Lean Cruise as I'd like to do that with mine. It's basically my zoomer for running around town and actually gets pretty good mileage but we all like to "fiddle" with crap, so, if anyone has any lean cruise .bins for any of these p04's I would love to have a look at them. The 3100 might be kinda by itself, I don't know. I'm hoping if it was in some of the 3800 stuff I might be able to transpose it into mine just for fun
Here is my .bin file.
Carl_3100_GrandPrix.bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sorry been gone for a bit, house got destroyed so been dealing with that bs for past 2 months( insurance companies suck).
you might be able to swap a 3400 file into it but the 3800 file is way different because of the different sensor pulses. Ill scroll through some of them and see what i can get for you.