so its a wet kit, with nos and fuel jets going into a nozzle right before the throttle body. it is supposed to trigger by a microswitch on the throttle but meh, we threw that over our shoulder.... too unreliable. what happens if you hit the rev limit under full nos? BANG thats what lol. so I loaded up $12P, and used flexible output A - TPS vs RPM, changed axes to 2900-5200 rpm and 90-100% tps. filled it out to 100% duty cycle above 98% throttle and between 3000 and 5000 rpm. so the way I figure it, it cuts the nos well below the 5400rpm rev limiter and this saves us from that potential engine damage. the flex output A, (pin A4) is hooked up to a switch then goes off to the nos activation relay.
I was planning on having the nos activation also trigger the map switch to go to a suitable lowered spak map but I ran out of time so just dropped the spark by 2 degrees in the nos rpm range. well call that a potential future improvement.
so the run itself... we started with 35 shot jets, then went out for a drive. we noted that it was running a bit rich all the time and the 35 shot, I mean you could feel it but it was very disappointing... we went back to the pits to investigate the richness, worried that it was the fuel solenoid on the nos kit stuck open... turns out that the jumper for jmp-mem on the nvram had fallen off and stuck the fuelling into tbi mode... so while I was off finding a new jumper, my mate busied himself and switched to the 50 shot jets.
the 50 shot this time with proper fuelling was great. he noted it was already quicker than his 5L ute, the nos cuts in right at 3000rpm and you can feel it drop just as you change, the nos is helping exactly where the engine does all its work. we noted that although it was bloody quick, and the speedo crept very fast, it didnt "feel" fast, so smooth and linear power. at this point we got antsy and went - fuck it, lets go 75, switched out the jets for 75 hp
the 75 shot is amazing, when you take off from a standing start at full throttle, I can only describe the power hit at 3000rpm like that it feels like the driver has it at half throttle till 3000rpm. this time you can really feel the torque pulling your head back into the seat. we were thouroughly impressed at this little v6's performance. only downside...... we nearly drained the whole 15lb bottle in one nights playing. it cost $230 to refill
once we get more nos, I might actually hook up the map switch and put the wideband on it and tune the on nos fuel ratios a bit, then the next step is 100 shot
log of 75 shot runs . use the $12P 1 bar adx
