253 V8 carby selection

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

vs ss wrote:So what I can see in the pic does the white wire goes to the relay?
yes that's right :thumbup:
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vs ss »

.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

will take tape off the wiring in the morning :) has to be cut and looped wire to button I guess if it's not an earth wire :hmm:
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vs ss »

.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

vs ss wrote:But as I think you were saying earlier, yes if they have wired it as I think they have you should be able to earth the white wire and the relay should click when the button is pressed.
When I cut the button out and earthed the white wire the relay did click! :? I had the ignition turned all the way to start and tapped the white wire to the body. click, click could hear it.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vs ss »

.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vs ss »

.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

vs ss wrote:Ok. relay is on. Is it the same column switch that was in the spares car? I’m just trying to eliminate everything that’s all..
Yes transfer the lot as the new car had butchered wiring (transferred same steering column ignition and all) so total swap out (so knew what I was working with was ok) has to be this white wire :thumbup: if it's earth and should have power they must have cut ignition wire from ignition switch or something I guess. I'm not good at wiring :lol: will sus it out in the morning :thumbup:
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by vs ss »

.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

vs ss wrote:When you connect the white wire to earth does the relay come straight on? Or does it need the key turned to click?
Not sure I will check this! :hmm: