253 V8 carby selection
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Oh and all the fuging phones!!!!!!!!! iPhone, Samsung, oppo, google and many more 
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
vs ss wrote:Correct, as gampy has shown
Did the wire jump, no go at all looks like it's the starter motorGampy wrote:Not to intrude ... Just clarifying.
will take it back out and see what I did and try repair the starter
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
It clicked and spat out for turned for about half a second before test light blew'quipt4it wrote:Are you sure you fritzed the starter?
Madmatt2006 wrote:...Connected them 2 purple wires still not turning over. So decided to put test light on starter motor and accidentally crossed the starter. The starter is fine it works spat out and turned, but blew the wire off my test light...
I had a look online about starters, is it correct that if I earth the starter case to battery negative and put power to other big pin the stater should spin but not spit?
could the paint on the block stop the starter from earthing to block?
Should I cross them again?vs ss wrote:Maybe the solenoid was always faulty. By the sounds of what you did, it sounds like you touched the two big nuts together. This will fizzle your test lead pretty quick while it turns. I can’t see how you could of stuffed it.
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by vs ss on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
vs ss wrote:If you have a set of jumper leads, clamp negative to the starter body and touch positive on the spade to see if anything happens. .
Will do to confirm starter is ok
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Guy's we now have a working starter motor
this is what I did wrong
I had the starter motor fitted to the engine and the extractors on before I dropped the engine in. After dropping it in I connected the big red battery terminal, which is a very tight fit under there. I had fitted that terminal in away that has covered the second spade connector like was mention!!!
I could not see this until I pulled it out after doing the mentioned tests, Don't worry I near smacked myself in the head
once I realized what I had done
But at least it works now and the wiring is all fixed as it should have been. "Your the best"
Thanks heaps for helping me out!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p44G0U4sLCE[/youtube]
Now to workout the distributor trimming and leads, I hadn't done this for 30 years
But at least it works now and the wiring is all fixed as it should have been. "Your the best"
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p44G0U4sLCE[/youtube]
Now to workout the distributor trimming and leads, I hadn't done this for 30 years
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
'quipt4it wrote:lol'quipt4it wrote:Make sure the spade connector is properly connected to the starter motor. Easy to overlook.