Repco " Start with the parts " my arse! I asked them for clutch pressure plate to flywheel bolts, the guy didn't know what I was talking about. the local one
253 V8 carby selection
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
either way going to need to work out what sensor I need, wonder if they have one at Repco I'd need to know what one though
Repco " Start with the parts " my arse! I asked them for clutch pressure plate to flywheel bolts, the guy didn't know what I was talking about. the local one
Repco " Start with the parts " my arse! I asked them for clutch pressure plate to flywheel bolts, the guy didn't know what I was talking about. the local one
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I don't understand how it can be wrong! If all wiring and dash and sender are from same car only difference it the V8 engine how could it not work?? very very confused, there is no ECU in this bugger, How would it be wrong

only bit of wire from V8 is the tail light loom.
only bit of wire from V8 is the tail light loom.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Remember my batt negative is red.vlad01 wrote:So get the multi-meter and check the resistance from the sender terminal to ground and report back, disconnected of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I did notice since transfer right blinker light says on
only thing I noticed different, I un plugged that tail light loom and still stays on.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
just did that and it goes all the way up still same as it was! with the sender wire disconnectedvlad01 wrote:Have you looked at the gauge while the sender is disconnected and see if it drops to 0?
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Ah Ha! Should be this dash right? went searching the shed
oil light on dash!! is this the one?
oil light on dash!! is this the one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
That crappy dash I took photo of before was in the 6 when I got it, on the back floor! I think the 6 had the dash swapped to the taco, oil pressure dash. Which makes sense. that one in the car will not work! 