253 V8 carby selection
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
should I wire clutch up with wire? so like it's in?
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
not good for thrust bearing hey?
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
will do that then
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I like following you guys but GAWD I need a ciggy now

-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I gave up 4 months ago! after 30 yearsIn-Tech wrote:I like following you guys but GAWD I need a ciggy now![]()
Starting engine in the next hour! in final check didn't hook up thermo fans, that could have been bad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Tired to start but just popping and farting
so rechecked timing and it was 180 degrees out. So I figure when I first put the dizzy in it was not on compression stroke? 
after a little turn over it near blows my finger out the hole now
after a little turn over it near blows my finger out the hole now
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
This is a great site, thanks all
There is probably a jigawatt of posts about being on compression stroke. We've all done it, shoot I rewired a ford 302 distributor because I didn't know it went the wrong way CCW, just like you facks driving on the wrong side of the road
ok me
ok me
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Of course I pedaled my bicycle down to the library back in 1980, I couldn't understand why my friends car used to run before the tune up. 