Hi all,
A little off topic here. I have a need to mirror a phone to the mylink screen on a 2016 VF V8 (aka Chevy SS). I can see that there are many 'special' smart boxes available that integrate with the vehicles CAN system and other modules like navigation and additional cameras etc etc.
My needs are a lot more simple. I just want to display the phone screen. I don't need anything else. No touch, no GPS, no can bus integration, no cameras. The picture explains what I want to do. But for some reason, finding a bare bones HDMI to GVIF box seems illusive. Any suggestions???
Mylink screen. Is there anything special about it?
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Mylink screen. Is there anything special about it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Mylink screen. Is there anything special about it?
The purpose of the GVIF boxes that interface with the screens is it allows gaining 'access' to it. You then need to connect something else to the GVIF box that then allows a custom operation such as a mirror box ect.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: Mylink screen. Is there anything special about it?
Thanks Tazzi. I see you've got solutions but are a bit over and above for what I need. Do you have a stripped down version I could buy?
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Mylink screen. Is there anything special about it?
I dont supply any of those kinds of upgrades on the VF anymore, I am moving completely digitalhjtrbo wrote:Thanks Tazzi. I see you've got solutions but are a bit over and above for what I need. Do you have a stripped down version I could buy?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: Mylink screen. Is there anything special about it?
Nice one. If you come across anything that can help me achieve my goal please PM me.
In the mean time, I think my only option is to buy this...
https://gsmserver.com/gvif-interface-fo ... an-jaguar/
and
https://www.jaycar.com.au/hdmi-to-av-co ... r/p/AC1720
I'm told the Lexus connector is the same as Holden, but can re-pin if required.
In the mean time, I think my only option is to buy this...
https://gsmserver.com/gvif-interface-fo ... an-jaguar/
and
https://www.jaycar.com.au/hdmi-to-av-co ... r/p/AC1720
I'm told the Lexus connector is the same as Holden, but can re-pin if required.