Component ID Required

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Component ID Required

Post by hsv08 »

So long story short, I reverse polaritied a VF Bcm on the bench a while ago when doing some testing :oops:

Anyhow, had a spare VF BCM so replaced the fried component which I assume is just a NPN Transistor but would like a second opinion.

I'm looking on RS components for a replacement, but there are a few different options so I want to get your thoughts before ordering.

Attached are pics of the torched component and location on BCM, from what I can make out it had TR.31 on it?

Let me know your thoughts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Component ID Required

Post by The1 »

Comparator?

Check the voltages coming in on the 2 legs on the good ecu.
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: Component ID Required

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:Comparator?

Check the voltages coming in on the 2 legs on the good ecu.
Think we've got it nailed down to being a N channel Mosfet - NVTR4503NT1G

Have ordered a few to try.

Unfortunately good bcm is now gone!