Hey Guys,
Still waiting on the NVRAM stuff but in the mean time the tune is almost spot on thanks to quip4t and someguy360. The problem I have is 2 of my Chinese ecotec injectors have shat the bed.
I have a perfect set of genuine new L67 injectors sitting here. What sittings would I need to adjust to run them. My tune is based off the VN $5D. If I change the battery voltage and kinjiflow would
that be enough to get it to run or would it affect the whole tune? I have been reading the Basics of tuning a delco but want to double check as I feel confused lol.
Injectors
-
vn_ss_cm
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:05 pm
- cars: VN SS
- Location: PERTH
Injectors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Injectors
The battery voltage offsets in a maf tune are probably gonna be wrong in an 808 you have to factor in some ecu code related variance there's an I jectors flow testing thread by the_1 on here that will tell you how many ms needs taken into account
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vn_ss_cm
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:05 pm
- cars: VN SS
- Location: PERTH
Re: Injectors
I adjusted the Kinji flow to .066 according the excel spreadsheet and battery voltage is that all I need to adjust or do I need to alter the ve table?
-
JohnDee68
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:05 am
- cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.
- Location: South Australia
Re: Injectors
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what does the VE refer to please?
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Injectors
Volumetric efficiency. It's a table that is used to determine the volume of air entering the engine against RPM and load. Kinjflow calculator is only part of the calculation done. Depending on what your VE table is. From my limited knowledge try to not go over 80% on the VE table and if you run out increase the kinjflow number to keep it all within limits. It's a matter of driving, logging with a wideband and adjusting the VE table to get the A/F ration where you want it.
-
JohnDee68
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:05 am
- cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.
- Location: South Australia
Re: Injectors
Charletscrown,
Thanks for the explanation of what VE stands for.
Thanks for the explanation of what VE stands for.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Injectors
Yea I think it's called G/cyl in the later ones.
-
JohnDee68
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:05 am
- cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.
- Location: South Australia
Re: Injectors
Ok, I think that is the MGC in my TunerPro options.Charlescrown wrote:Yea I think it's called G/cyl in the later ones.