Hey guys I genuinely need some help to start tuning. I use tuner pro and am not to bad at navigating my way around it.
My question is I've built a turbo vs and am wondering the best way to go about it, I want to stay delco.. but do I rip the ecu and harness out and covert to vy ecu and harness?
Pros and cons ? Do I need a nvram for both?
Vs or vy ecu
-
Commylife
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 am
- cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Vs or vy ecu
if it's vy v6 n/a your talking about....definitely not thats a flash PCM & won't be easy!
-
Commylife
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 am
- cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos
Re: Vs or vy ecu
Can you tell me anything else?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vs or vy ecu
Even go the VT ECU, see what model has the most defined XDF in enhanced code and go with that. But I wouldn't go the flash ECU for boosted. If it wasn't the old Delco I'd go the LS1 ECU before anything else.
-
Commylife
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 am
- cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos
Re: Vs or vy ecu
What can you tell me about nvram and the vs ecu, I really am hoping to not muck around with to much its budget built. Just trying to achieve minimum with the delco I know it might not be the way to go but I need to know !
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vs or vy ecu
Best would be vn or vp ecu if manual or vr auto ecu if electronic auto and use a 2 bar map sensor. 2nd best would be vs ecu with vs l67 based tune on the nvram
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Commylife
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 am
- cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos
Re: Vs or vy ecu
Delco wizard! Been trying to figure our how tf I could talk to you! Is the vs l67 tune preety tuneable ?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vs or vy ecu
There is custom real-time code for vs l67 by the_1 in the custom code section to be used on an nvram or you can just program a memcal over and over with a chip burner.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Commylife
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 am
- cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos
Re: Vs or vy ecu
Im pretty sure I'm gonna go down the nvram path. I'm finding it difficult to get one though, can you help
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic