Recently joined up and doing a heap of reading. I own a 34 Chev Street Rod built about 2009. I didn't do the build but from what I can work out, has the following gear installed:
- Ecotec V6 from a VX Commodre
- 808 ECM with stock memcal (from VN)
- T700 4L60 with shift kit (from VN)
- Air Con (from VN)
- VS Drivers side manifold
- VN Passenger side manifold
- VN MAT Sensor
- VX Coolant Temp Sensor - possibly disconnected and a separate temp sensor in the radiator controls the thermo fan
I'm not 100% sure as this is my first non V8 and non carb toy. I'll add some phots below so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong of if there are any other critical items I need to identify before planning the NVRAM install and tune.
The rig currently runs very smooth and reliable but does use a ton of fuel and pings pretty bad under hard accelleration and big hills so assuming it could be too much timing in the stock VN tune.
My aim isn't to break speed records or big HP. Just want it running efficiently as it can while staying 100% reliable.
Looking forward to picking some brains and learning some new skills.
Cheers,
Mark







