G'day all,
Doing a job on a VF speedway car, the customer wants to use the stock ECU to run the engine so we can take advantage of the VCT.
ECU is a Bosch E77 ME9.6.1 from a VE series 1 (same as the engine). Service number is 92193637.
I've done a bit of searching and it appears it's been done plenty of times before. I read it with HPT but VATS off isn't supported. I have read it with Kess.
The research I did suggests that I need to read the EEP? Kess doesn't seem to separate the reads?
Any help appreciated.
E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Yeah I've heard it can be done too along with the E55 which we've both looked into & still can't get that sorted either.... but if you read it with Ktag it gives you option to save the files seperately(eeprom & the main chip)... thats as much I can help with sorry.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
This is where some of my info came from, I think juelspatch might be a member here too!!..
https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Help-Please- ... osch-Me9-6
https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Help-Please- ... osch-Me9-6
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Comparing those two files, looks like everything from location 0x2E is just set all to 00s!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Thanks for taking a look Tazzi
are you comparing the 2 files from Mhh? is it really just 00's from that point on? surely not!
have you tried this before with success?
are you comparing the 2 files from Mhh? is it really just 00's from that point on? surely not!
have you tried this before with success?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Just grabbed both files from mhh auto and compared. You can see where it starts being changed to 00's which its done all the way to the end.Gareth wrote:Thanks for taking a look Tazzi![]()
are you comparing the 2 files from Mhh? is it really just 00's from that point on? surely not!
have you tried this before with success?
I havent tried doing it before, but looks like its worth a go!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
I've heard from Julespatch & he said in the car it worked to get it going but after a little bit it started throwing random stuff on dash like car has been hotwired etc...
But if using in standalone situation it should be fine I think!
But if using in standalone situation it should be fine I think!
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Certainly will be standalone, no cluster or BCM to worry about in a speedway car 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Oh come on, leave the bcm in ... It'll help keep you from having to turn left to go right! 
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: E77 Immo off ME9.6.1 for LY7 Commodore
Hey yes it definitely works! Just disconnect the key reader if your in the car!
You only need to write the eeprom, just 00 it out like above.
You only need to write the eeprom, just 00 it out like above.