Vs v6 auto ecu to t5 manual

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Mattyg91
cars: I have a 5l vs wagon ive been building for a few years now

Vs v6 auto ecu to t5 manual

Post by Mattyg91 »

Hi I have found the other forums on the t5 ecu conversion I'm wondering if I would be able to use parts from another auto ecu or would I be best to go buy new diodes etc. And anyone able to do me a t5 manual memcal to suit aswell I have everything else just havnt got a burner. I can provide old chips or new ones whatever is easier. Car is just a stock vr manual ute with a ecotec engine I'm just over how it runs and idles as it's just a work car.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vs v6 auto ecu to t5 manual

Post by antus »

In theory you could use parts off another donor pcm, but you'll need to be able to identify equivalent component types and values and find one for each you need. I am not aware that anyone has done this and posted which components you can use. If you have the test equipment and the skills please post your results in the main thread for this conversion here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1377&start=40#p15740

To be honest though you are probably best buying components online or a local electronics store if any near you still actually have components like these.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396