Hello,
Here's my 70 El Camino with an LM7 motor and 4L60E transmission out of a wrecked 150,000 mile 1999 GMC Sierra. All Holley A-Body engine swap parts, mounts, headers, oil pan, etc. American Auto Wire complete wiring harness. She's running pretty good these days and I get 38-40 degree F air out of my Classic Auto Air conditioning system at the meat thermometer stuck into the center vent. Dakota Digital "HDX" SS gauge cluster - love 'em. My PCM devices are now easily done with Tuner Pro RT and either LS Droid, PCM Hammer and with sometimes a little help from Universal Patcher. Lucky for me, this engine had a complete head job done on both heads about 3000 miles before I got it - paid $800 for the motor and $500 for the 4L60E transmission. Not so lucky for me, the 4L60E had to be rebuilt for $2100 shortly after the swap was complete.
And wow, I can now freely admit that I have a slight bit of a hoarding problem with collecting too many PCM's - I'm up to ten. I walk the junk yards on Half Price Sale Days and pick these up for $16 to low twenty bucks USD and I just can't let one rot there in the yard. I just gotta' stop . . . .
This picture was taken at night on a "drive-in" movie set location for a film shot locally here last September and its in post production for reaching theaters this coming October.- an M. Night Shyamalan film. They needed lots of cars 1974 and older and I got paid $175.00 USD for the effort. That was an interesting night and met a lot of friendly people.
Rick
1970 LS Swap El Camino
-
B52Bombardier1
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 pm
- cars: 1970 Chevy El Camino with an LM7 modern GM engine.
2013 Chevrolet SS Camaro
1970 LS Swap El Camino
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.