Stall Saver
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stall Saver
Are you talking advertised or 50 thou timing?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Stall Saver
it would be 050 duration i'd say!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stall Saver
According to google xu1 has 240 at 50 and 300 advertised with 450 lift. Peak power somewhere around the 6800-7000 mark. They has a measly 10:1 comp but fuel was shit back then and so was any tuning accuracy.
General rule of thumb would say 11:1 or slightly more for that cam size in today's standards.
General rule of thumb would say 11:1 or slightly more for that cam size in today's standards.
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: Stall Saver
All cam timing I talk of is .050" duration. Depending on what XU1 cam that is mentioned, but they were all around 220 degrees except for the 1973 model which was bigger &the fuel was 98 octane Super or Avgas. The comp was 10:1 because it was a factory carthat they had to give warranty on.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stall Saver
Yeah I guess the warranty is a good point and probably cooling too. Those old inline 6 holden cars struggled with the rad and aero to get solid cooling. Was easy to overheat them I recall and a high comp would make it even harder to cool.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Stall Saver
Drive faster 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stall Saver
immortality wrote:Drive faster