Hey all,
I cant connect to the ecu through a nvram with either tunerpro or flash tool.
96 v8 vs caprice
I went to upload in tunerpro and said success but when I went to start the car the fans come on and I cant connect any more.
I purchased a new nvram the other week while I wait for a burner so atleast then I have a spare, put it into the ecu, turned ignition on and fans come on again...
If I take the original chip out of nvram and put it in the ecu and turn ignition on the fans stay off.
Please can someone help me before I burn this thing to the ground...
Cheer
Cant connect to nvram
-
vscapricetim
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 am
- cars: vs caprice
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Cant connect to nvram
So it wouldn't start with the original memcal?
Did you disconnect the battery while you swapped the nvram & memcal?
Did you disconnect the battery while you swapped the nvram & memcal?
-
vscapricetim
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 am
- cars: vs caprice
Re: Cant connect to nvram
I didnt try and start it as it has bigger injectors and a vortech on it.
I can't remember if the battery terminals were off... I think they may have been.
I can't remember if the battery terminals were off... I think they may have been.
-
j_ds_au
- Posts: 387
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am
- Location: Sydney
Re: Cant connect to nvram
Sounds like your NVRAM board isn't working.
Check if the connector pins (and socket contacts if you can) are straight; check if any of the chips get hot with the ignition on.
Joe.
Check if the connector pins (and socket contacts if you can) are straight; check if any of the chips get hot with the ignition on.
Joe.
-
vscapricetim
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 am
- cars: vs caprice
Re: Cant connect to nvram
Works out both nvrams were corrupted and all is working at the moment....