Suzuki Tech2

Programs / Tools / Scripts
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Suzuki Tech2

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all.

I have an opportunity to buy a Suzuki branded Tech2.
Seller states that it is possible to "update" it to support GM vehicles.
Anyone know if it is as simple as swapping the memory cards?

Thanks
Mike
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Suzuki Tech2

Post by kur4o »

It should be a matter of changing pcmcia cards. Or you can buy preprogrammed ones from china sellers.
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: Suzuki Tech2

Post by MudDuck514 »

kur4o wrote:It should be a matter of changing pcmcia cards. Or you can buy preprogrammed ones from china sellers.
Hi all;

kur4o,
I was fairly sure that was all that was needed, but wanted to make sure.
I found the Tech2 on Facebook Marketplace locally to me for $75!
IF I buy it I will need to get a GM card to replace the one currently in it.

Thanks,
Mike
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Suzuki Tech2

Post by ironduke »

MudDuck514 wrote:
kur4o wrote:It should be a matter of changing pcmcia cards. Or you can buy preprogrammed ones from china sellers.
Hi all;

kur4o,
I was fairly sure that was all that was needed, but wanted to make sure.
I found the Tech2 on Facebook Marketplace locally to me for $75!
IF I buy it I will need to get a GM card to replace the one currently in it.

Thanks,
Mike
If it's a 32mb card then you could just load the gm nao onto that one.. the china cards are cheap though, lol..
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Suzuki Tech2

Post by antus »

Also worth checking that it has the candi module for can bus communications, unless you know you only plan to use it on cars with the older obd2 protocols.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: Suzuki Tech2

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the replies.
Unfortunately, the Tech2 was sold within an hour of my 2nd post!
Oh, well.

Mike