Hiya,
Just for kicks, I read a new t42 in the GM box. I am not sure if this is a reman or new. It looks new but I guess that doesn't matter. It had no core charge when I got it.
The values in the calibration are incredibly weird so I kinda wonder if these values are set up for some sort of bench testing. Anyway, I figured you guys might like a gander at it.
Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
here's a t42 from a 2011 k1500 4l60 trans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
Thanks to all for posting some t42 files.
Dtcs are now done, way too easy than expected. The tcm uses motorola 68000 series cpu, and opcodes resemble most of the ls1 stuff.
I think adding some basic editing will be not that hard. What tables should we focus on.
Dtcs are now done, way too easy than expected. The tcm uses motorola 68000 series cpu, and opcodes resemble most of the ls1 stuff.
I think adding some basic editing will be not that hard. What tables should we focus on.
-
Vampyre
- Posts: 262
- Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
- cars: grand am, trans am
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
id say mostly the cal options and shifting, and appreciate your work man. ill get you files and test can stuff if you need. We get can vehicles in at the shop everyday i can log.
-
exo3901
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:00 pm
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
Anything related to pressure and torque management that is not already available. Or anything that could help understand the main shift routine. So much jumping around in ghidra I get a headache. My brain was not built for disassembling code..
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
Is this a VPW TCM? Might be a good target to add to pcmhammer too. Would need hardware to do the dev work and testing.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Cincinnatus
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:49 am
- cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
What is being used to read bin from tcm?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
I would expect it's winflash obd2.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Vampyre
- Posts: 262
- Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
- cars: grand am, trans am
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
si senorantus wrote:I would expect it's winflash obd2.
-
Vampyre
- Posts: 262
- Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
- cars: grand am, trans am
Re: Universalpatcher with Logger & Analyzer
When do you think you will have the t42 dtc update out, not trying to rush you.